Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Meeting

I met......The Pioneer Woman.  She came to speak at a function for the hospital foundation.  She is a very sweet, soft spoken person.  She brought Marlboro Man.  Many women fainted as he walked by....ok...they drooled as he walked by.  I on the other hand was focused on getting to her to hand her the hot dog that I had gotten for her.  See...on her way down to our neck of the woods in Oklahoma she blogged about stopping at a convenience store and getting a hot dog and donuts.  Marlboro Man would not get her a second dog.  By the end of the conversation, she said she wanted a second hot dog.  So I in my quirky ways decided to go to the cafeteria to get her a hot dog.  Wrapped it up and put in a to go box and in a bag.   When she came in the front door, my mother-in-law pushed me at her to give it to her.  Let me say...she was quite surprised.  She couldn't believe I had already read it.  She said it is like real-time blogging!  On the other hand I got called a stalker by others!  ha  It is something that I hope she never forgets and I will always be known as the hot dog lady. 

No comments:

Post a Comment